Hylo-Gel Eye Drops 10 ml
Description of Hylo-Gel Eye Drops
The dry eye syndrome is triggered by an insufficient tear film production or a change in its composition. An eye doctor is needed to determine the underlying cause. In severe cases, dry eyes can lead to a considerable impairment of the quality of life as the disease is accompanied by symptoms such as very red and consistently painful eyes. The treatment of severe, chronic dry eyes has to ensure an intensive and lasting lubrication of the ocular surface. Only highly viscous eye drops, that therefore remain for considerably longer on the ocular surface, can guarantee a long-lasting lubrication.The extraordinarily high quality sodium hyaluronate used in HYLO®-GEL is perfectly suited for this task. Combined with the distinct properties of the substance a concentration of 0.2 % suffices to obtain eye drops with an outstanding high viscosity. However, despite HYLO®-GEL’s almost gel-like consistency it does not cause impairment of vision.
Preservative and phosphate free in the patented COMOD® device
Preservatives, which are designed to prevent contamination of eye drops during storage and use, can affect the natural tear film and damage the cells of the ocular surface. Furthermore, they can cause intolerance reactions1. Modern ocular lubricants are therefore preservative free. This also applies to HYLO®-GEL as it is provided in the patented COMOD® multi-dose device that, in a unique way, prevents contamination of its contents.
Phosphates that are widely used in eye drops can also have a harmful effect on an already damaged cornea2. The binding of phosphate to calcium, which is released from damaged corneal cells, may lead to the formation of sparingly soluble calcifications that can permanently impair vision. Therefore, eye drops used on a dry and damaged ocular surface should not contain phosphates. HYLO®-GEL is phosphate free and therefore presents no risk of corneal calcification.
HYLO®-GEL: High viscosity for severe dry eyes
- Eye drops containing 0.2 % sodium hyaluronate provided in the COMOD® device
- Noticeable more viscous eye drops that guarantee long-lasting lubrication without impairing vision
- Unique in its efficacy and without therapeutic alternative3
- Unique effectiveness without therapeutic alternative
- Preservative and phosphate free
- Compatible with contact lenses
Use of Hylo-Gel Eye Drops
- Remove the protective cap.
- Hold the bottle above your head in the COMOD® grip position.
- Rest the hand holding the bottle on your free hand.
- Gently pull the lower lid away from the eye and press on the bottom of the bottle.
- Replace the protective cap
Ingredients Hylo-Gel Eye Drops
Hylo-Gel Eye Drops is composed of the following active ingredients (salts) :Sodium Hyaluronate
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
If another medical treatment in the form of eye drops is being used, a time interval of at least 30 minutes must be observed between the different applications and Hylo-Gel must always be administered last.
Ophthalmic ointments should always be applied in the conjunctival sac after Hylo-Gel.
- Store at room temperature.
- Once the bottle is opened, HYLO®-GEL can be used for 6 months.
- Do not use after the expiration date.
- Keep out of the reach of children.