Flamigel 100 g
Description of Flamigel
Flamigel® is a hydro-active colloid gel for the treatment of minor wounds which supports the fast healing of skin by covering the wound and creating an optimal moist healing environment. Flamigel® is used post lasertherapy, on superficial burns (including those caused by radiotherapy) and on minor wounds (e.g. grazes, cuts). Flamigel® may also be used in superficial open wounds.
Flamigel® hydro-active colloid formulation can quickly help soothe the pain of minor wounds due to
its cooling effect. Flamigel® helps to create optimal healing conditions to accelerate cell renewal,
allowing the wound to heal fast and so reduce the likelihood of scarring. Flamigel® also cushions the
wound to provide a barrier against external contamination.
Flamigel® can be used for dry or wet wounds:
- In case of a dry wound Flamigel® turns the dry wound into a moist one (“hydrogel” effect). The dry wound absorbs the water contained in Flamigel® and promotes the dissolution of necrotic/damaged tissue.
- In case of a wet wound, the hydrocolloid of Flamigel® is activated and consequently Flamigel® absorbs excessive fluid from the wound and restores and maintains the water balance in the wound (“hydrocolloid” effect).
Flamigel is used for:
- open wounds
Use of Flamigel
- Wash hands before and after treating the wound. Clean and dry the wound gently before applyingthe gel.
• For superficial burns and minor wounds (e.g grazes, cuts):Carefully apply Flamigel® to the wound (without rubbing) once or twice per day (in case ofsunburn apply twice to six times daily).If necessary, cover the wound with a plaster or dressing and change daily.
• For superficial open wounds:Apply a thick layer of Flamigel® (5 mm) to the wound.Cover Flamigel® with a sterile non-adhesive dressing and fix with gauze or a bandage. LeaveFlamigel® in place as long as the gel structure is intact.When new skin cells start to form and the wound is closing, only apply a thin layer ofFlamigel® to prevent weakening. If necessary, protect the wound edges. Open wounds:change daily.Removing the gel:• Wash hands before and after removing Flamigel®.• Flamigel® can be removed simply and painlessly with wet gauze.
Acid colloidal hydrocolloid, Arginine, Purified water, Macrogol, Branch Chained Fatty Acid (BCFA), Methyl-p hydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl-p-hydroxybenzoate (E216), Disodium EDTA.
Side effects of Flamigel
Do not use Flamigel on the eyelids or on the eyes as eye gel.